Cambridge 2000: Chesterton Road: Jesus Lock
|Description: Chesterton Road: Jesus Lock|
|Date built: 1836|
The only lock over the river in Cambridge, although there is also
next to the lock and another one at Mill Lane.
When the water levels are high these are the main valves to control flooding.
The lock was further downstream before it was moved here in 1836.
The main part of the lock gates, with one of the four visible in
the photo, dated from 1981. They were replaced in June/July 2009
(apparently the wood, although oak, was not very good).
Other photographs within 100 m: