home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | signature | mosaic | other

Tiffany Census

Burke Museum, Seattle, Washington

Note: the text in the square brackets ([...]) are a short form of references which have been used to deduce the corresponding information.
The meaning of the site and item attributes is explained in the glossary.

Site Id: 51.2.3
Rating: 1 star
Address: 4300 15th Ave NE
Location: Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Lat/Lng: 47.66047, -122.31157
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Tiffany 1893: Not listed
Tiffany 1886: Not listed
Completeness: Medium
Building status: Extant
Building date: 2016-2019 [ORG]
Architect: Olson Kundig [ORG]
Also of interest:

Site Items

51.2.3.1: Peacock with Hollyhocks and Morning Glories (1908) (Extant) item has a photo
51.2.3.2: View of Puget Sound (Extant) item has a photo

Item 51.2.3.1

You can click on the photo to get the full sized image.
Peacock with Hollyhocks and Morning Glories
Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: High
Memorial name:
Theme: Peacock with Hollyhocks and Morning Glories [ORG]
Description: landscape with peacock [NYT1908, EAGLE1908, VOGUE1908]
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature:
Other documentation: [NYT1908, EAGLE1908, VOGUE1908]
Designer:
Memorial details:
Donor:
Date: Exhibited Jul 1908 [NYT1908, EAGLE1908, VOGUE1908]
Size: 16' high x 8' wide [PTH1975]
Lancets: 3 [PHOTO, EAGLE1908, VOGUE1908]
Inscription:
Category: Landscape
History: Originally located in the Eliza Ferry Leary residence, Seattle, WA [PTH1975, ORG]
Informally donated to the museum in the 1950s by the James Kellogg family and the Episcopal Diocese in Olympia [PTH1975]
Transferred from previous museum building (SITE:51.2.2) in 2019 [ORG]
Restoration: Restored 2019 by Venturella Studio [ORG]
Same as item: 51.2.2.1

Item 51.2.3.2

You can click on the photo to get the full sized image.
View of Puget Sound
Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: Medium
Memorial name:
Theme: View of Puget Sound [ORG]
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature:
Other documentation: [ORG]
Designer:
Memorial details:
Donor:
Date:
Lancets: 3 [PHOTO]
Inscription:
Category: Seascape
History: Originally located in the Eliza Ferry Leary residence, Seattle, WA [PTH1975, ORG]
Informally donated to the museum in the 1950s by the James Kellogg family and the Episcopal Diocese in Olympia [PTH1975]
Transferred from previous museum building (SITE:51.2.2) in 2019 [ORG]
Restoration: Restored 2019 by Venturella Studio [ORG]
Same as item: 51.2.2.2

References

DUNC1980: Tiffany Windows, Alastair Duncan (1980)
EAGLE1908: Brooklyn Daily Eagle (17 Jul 1908, Picture and Sporting Section, p. 2)
NYT1908: New York Times (15 Jul 1908, p. 3)
ORG: Organization
PHOTO: Photo of item
PTH1975: Pasco Tri-City Herald (21 May 1975, p. 25)
TIFF1886: Announcement in American Architect and Building News, Tiffany Glass Company (6 Feb 1886)
TIFF1893: Chicago Exposition booklet, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1893)
TIFF1897: A List of Windows: And Extracts from Letters & Newspapers, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1897)
TIFF1910: A Partial List of Tiffany Windows, Tiffany Studios (1910)
VOGUE1908: Vogue (6 Aug 1908, p. 175)

home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | signature | mosaic | other