home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | mosaic | other

Church Glass and Decorating Company Census

United Presbyterian Church of Paterson, Paterson, New Jersey

Note: the text in the square brackets ([...]) are a short form of references which have been used to deduce the corresponding information.
The meaning of the site and item attributes is explained in the glossary.

Site Id: 30.41.1
Rating: Nothing
Other name(s): Church of the Redeemer; Church of the Messiah
Address: 375 Van Houten Street
Location: Paterson, New Jersey 07501, USA
Lat/Lng: 40.91823, -74.15949
Completeness: High
Building status: Extant
Building date: 1885-1886 [ORG]
Architect: J.C. Cady & Company [ORG]
Comment: Building was badly damaged by fire, 5 Jul 1928 [PMC1928, PDN1928, NYT1928, PMC1930B]
Church of the Redeemer merged with Second Presbyterian Church after the fire to become Church of the Messiah [PMC1930B]
In 1990, Church of the Messiah merged with Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church and Central Presbyterian Church to become United Presbyterian Church of Paterson [ORG]
See also: Tiffany Census

Site Items

30.41.1.1: Hobart Memorial Window: Christ with eight medallions each with two angel heads (1900) (Destroyed) item has a photo

Item 30.41.1.1

You can click on the photo to get the full sized image.
Hobart Memorial Window:  Christ with eight medallions each with two angel heads
Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Destroyed [PMC1928, PDN1928]
Memorial name: Hobart Memorial Window
Description: Christ with eight medallions each with two angel heads [PEN1900, HDT1900, KCS1900, WMN1900, NYE1900, NYO1906]
Signature:
Documentation: [KCS1900, WMN1900, NYE1900, COMF1901, NYO1906, AR1907, AR1908]
Designer: Edward Peck Sperry [HDT1900, KCS1900, WMN1900, NYE1900, COMF1901]
Memorial details: Fannie (or Fanny) Beckwith Hobart (30 Nov 1871 - 27 Jun 1895) [PEN1900, NYTR1900, HDT1900, KCS1900, WMN1900, NYE1900, COMF1901, NYO1906, FINDAGRAVE]
Donor: her father, Vice President Garret Augustus Hobart [PEN1900, NYTR1900, HDT1900, KCS1900, WMN1900, NYE1900, COMF1901, NYO1906, AR1907, AR1908, FINDAGRAVE]
Date: Presented 4 Mar 1900 [PEN1900, NYTR1900]
Inscription:
Category: Christ; Round Window
Cost: $10000 [PMC1928, PDN1928]
Comment: The window was destroyed in the 1928 fire, and replaced in 1930 with a similar window by Tiffany Studios [PMC1928, PDN1928, PMC1930A]

References

AR1907: Architectural Record (Church Glass and Decorating Company advertisement) (Mar 1907)
AR1908: Architectural Record (Church Glass and Decorating Company advertisement) (Jul 1908)
COMF1901: Messages of Comfort, Mary North Blakeslee (1901)
FINDAGRAVE: Findagrave.com, for deducing biographical or genealogical information
HDT1900: Holyoke Daily Transcript (12 Mar 1900, p. 7)
KCS1900: Kansas City Star (from the New York World) (15 Mar 1900, p. 7)
NYE1900: New York Evangelist (29 Mar 1900, p. 30)
NYO1906: New York Observer (6 Sep 1906, p. 289, 296)
NYT1928: New York Times (6 Jul 1928)
NYTR1900: New York Tribune (5 Mar 1900, p. 8)
ORG: Organization
PDN1928: Passaic Daily News (6 Jul 1928, p. 1)
PEN1900: Paterson Evening News (5 Mar 1900, p. 1)
PMC1928: Paterson Morning Call (6 Jul 1928, p. 1)
PMC1930A: Paterson Morning Call (5 Apr 1930, p. 3)
PMC1930B: Paterson Morning Call (1 Dec 1930, p. 3)
WMN1900: Wilmington Morning News (16 Mar 1900, p. 4)

home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | mosaic | other