Cambridge 2000: Anglia Ruskin University: East Road: Helmore Building
Anglia Ruskin University is the
poor cousin of Cambridge University, and there is little
academic interaction between the two. The site on East Road is
very cramped, this is the main administration building and is one
of the better of what on the whole are poor buildings.
In 2003-2004, as part of the work involving a
to the building at the rear, some of the trees in the photo were cut
down and there was built a large rather pointless structure (a
frame with no protection from the weather) from which banners
are hung, presumably to emphasize that this is the front entrance
of the university.
In 2000 the university was known as Anglia Polytechnic University.
In 2005 the university was renamed Anglia Ruskin University
in honour of John Ruskin, who founded a School of Art in Cambridge
in 1858 which after various name changes became part of APU.
Other photographs within 200 m: